Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Introducing Kobe Bryant and Jeremy Lin


Kobe, what was it like knowing that you were leaving Los Angeles, a home for you, in a sense:

Kobe: Listen, I love LA and will always love the fans and the people of LA and I hope to retire as a Laker. But you know what I love more than LA? Winning. And you know we aint winning sh** in LA. When the opportunity came up for LA to rebuild, it was their best interest to move on from Kobe, and you know what, I'm glad to have helped them out. Instead of leaving them in free agency or just retiring, I gave them some pieces like Love, Shump, JR, Mozgov, draft picks. I mean that team needs the help. I want to win and teaming up with Lebron was the best way to do it. He wanted me, the GM wanted me, and I wanted to win.

Jeremy, you've played with superstar after superstar. You've been on different teams. You could've started for the Lakers, but now you're on the bench backing up Kyrie. How do you feel about the trade?

Lin: First off, thanks to God for this opportunity. Now, I'm very thankful for every chance I've had in the NBA. To play with Melo, James (Harden), and now to team up with Lebron, Kobe, Kyrie and the rest of this team is a dream come true. I just want to be wanted by a team and the Cavs wanted me. The GM is my biggest fan and I know I will do everything I can to be the best player off the bench to bring home a championship to Cleveland.

What does it mean to play for Cleveland?

Kobe: Ehh, it means a lot. I know this city is championship hungry. I'm hungry for championships too. It means a lot for me. I can focus on my shooting in Cleveland because Lebron can do a lot of things for me that I could've done about 10 years ago. I'm excited.

Lin: It means everything. God gave me this opportunity and Cleveland has given me the chance. I will give everything I got for this city and this team

Cleveland is excited for these two to be on the court for the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment